23 thoughts on “Chemistry Teacher Blooper – Inhaling Sulfur Hexafluoride

1. Chris Gerrald

ok 1st where can i get some of that so i can try it? 2nd i thought that was pretty funny when he had to stand on his head to get all the sulfur hexafluoride out of his lungs.

2. Nigel Wright

This is a pretty cool video. This is the first time I have seen anyone inhale Sulfur Hexafluoride gas. I really wasn’t sure what to expect! the difference in effects caused by Sulfur Hexafluoride and Helium is really cool.

3. Sam Geha

That was pretty awesome! I never knew inhaling Sulfur Hexafluoride gas could make your voice sound like it’s coming out of a voice box. But that was such a fail of a headstand.

4. Matt Bartholomew

It was really cool to see how deep his voice got. It was also really funny to see him doing a handstand. At first i thought he was about to break the table because it looked pretty wobbly. By the way i’m in H2.

5. Stevie Powers

I thought this video was really funny. It was cool how the chemist’s voice was changed to a deeper sound using sulfur hexafluoride than if using helium, it would be higher pitched.

6. Alec Fanning

Goodness man use a wall to support yourself. Never try and do a handstand in the lab, I think that goes against lab saftey protocol. Other than that I think that the video was a great example of what not to do with different gases like that. Its acctually very dangerous and can damage your vocal cords first off. Secondly he was smart not to inhale too much of the sulfer hexaflouride because it can suffocate you, if inhaled in a large quantity. Lastly I think he is not ready for that marathon with that keg belly.

1. Mr. Crockett Post author

Yes. Thank you. No handstands in the lab. I agree completely. And definitely no marathons for that guy!